Saturday, November 19, 2022

Christmas wish list

Gloria was always annoyed that I could never produce a wish list, for either my birthday or for Christmas.  I did, once produce a Christmas wish list: and then wished that I hadn't.  Some people kept that list, for decades, and I would sometimes receive presents that I had completely forgotten were ever on the list.

Anyway, I am in a new situation now.  I have a new environment, and there are various things which I need in this new life, which I do not have.  I could probably go and get them.  I'm even thinking of getting some of them.  I have looked for some of them, and not found some, or even found them, but not bought them.  But what the heck. 

So, here is my Christmas wish list. 

There is a set of snack tables, as they are now called.  (They used to be called TV tables, because people ate TV dinners off them, watching the TV.)  Jowsey's has a set of four, with a rack to hold them, for $75.  I like the ones in the natural wood colour.  I may go and get them myself.

I thought I would like to get some kind of sling to carry an umbrella.  Something that I can sling over my shoulders and carry one of my umbrellas on days when it's not quite raining, but might rain.  That way I can carry an umbrella, just in case it does rain.  And still be able to walk for miles, without my arthritic hands getting sore from clutching the umbrella.  (I fashioned/kludged together an umbrella sling from three old nametag lanyards from trade shows/vendor meetings.  It's ugly, but it works, and it's even big enough for me to leave it on the umbrella when it's up  :-)

(And I still need to get a digital camera body and adapter for my lenses, but that is *WAY* out of Christmas wish list territory ...)  (Although I do have to wonder why nobody has built a digital sensor plate for old SLR bodies, because the internal form factor was all standardized because of 35 mm film, and it seems it would be an obvious idea ...)

I'm still not reading for fun or relaxation, which is almost getting to be a point of concern for me.  Maybe a complete set of Terry Pratchett might help ...

I have *got* to get  more Copper Sole T-Max Heat Brushed Thermal Crew socks.  Mark's was giving away free samples, and I got one pair, and they are terrific.  (I don't yet know how long they'll last, but they are comfortable, and warm, and stay up, and, if they stand up to how much I walk, they are terrific ...)

Now that I am going out with the trail maintenance crew, I really need to get some heavy duty tools to help out.  Probably the first thing I'd need would be an axe-mattock or cutter mattock, similar to a pulaski.

No comments:

Post a Comment