Thursday, July 4, 2024

The fact that nobody listens is actually good!

I have realized that there is a benefit to the fact that nobody in town, or in any of the churches, cares about me.  This means that nobody is listening to me when I talk.

This has lifted a great weight from my shoulders.  We old people have built up a stock of stories, over the years.  We tell these stories.  Again and again.  If we forget *who* we have told the stories to, we run the danger of being considered an old bore, who keeps telling the same stories over and over again.

The fact that nobody in Port Alberni listens to me means that I don't have to worry about remembering which stories I have told which people, because nobody is listening anyway.  Therefore, I can tell the same stories to people over and over again, and not have to worry about them saying that I've told him that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment