Tuesday, June 4, 2024

The best salesperson the public safety office has

"Santa!" I heard someone yell on the street.

I'm fairly used to the homeless population referring to me that way, so I looked up, and across the street saw a foursome.  I was crossing that way anyway so I waved.  As I got closer, the lone female of the group called out, "If I sit on your lap will you let me tell you what I want?"  "Well," I said, "I don't have much lap left, but you can tell me what you want."  She said something about one of those feather keychains.  So I gave her one.  She was astonishingly grateful!

I was about to leave, when I turned back and asked her three male companions if they wanted one.  They all did.  So I gave them all one.

That exhausted my current supply, so I'll probably have to stop by the Public Safety Building and restock.

The best salesperson the public safety office has.

Partly, it's because I believe in the product.  When I came, as the only pedestrian, to the city with the worst drivers in the entire world, I looked, unsuccessfully, for a full year, for reflectors to buy and hang on my dark clothes at night.  (I'm not the only one here who seems to have no light coloured clothing for wearing on the streets at night.)  I couldn't find any.  None!  So, when I found the ICBC supply, I was overjoyed.  So, I'm giving them away, where and whenever I can find people who want to wear them.  I'm finding ways to ensure that I carry supplies of them at all times.  People are starting to ask for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment