Friday, May 24, 2024

Telephoto

My new phone has a better camera than my old phone had.  The telephoto capability on the new phone still leaves something to be desired.  One of the things that the new camera has is a fifty megapixel resolution setting.  Unfortunately, When you switch on the fifty megapixel camera, there is absolutely no telephoto capability.  However, the fifty megapixel resolution does mean that you can crop the photos that you take, from full size, and, even if the picture on the original image is fairly tiny in relation to the full image, you can crop out what you don't want, and still get a reasonably good quality picture.  So I have been experimenting with that, and I've got some decent shots of Arrowsmith, and some other interesting shots.

It does have some limitations.  I tried taking a picture of my place from River Road, and, while I am fairly sure that the area that I took *is* where my house is, I still can't tell which one is my house.  I doubt that anybody could.  It's all pretty blurry.

I did have an interesting picture when I took either a sunrise or a sunset (I can't remember), and zoomed in really close for the area that I wanted.  With the light conditions being what they were, and the the zoom factor that I cropped it to, I got an interesting sort of watercolor effect.

Today the provincial ambulance helicopter flew around on its way to land at the hospital.  I opened the camera, and selected the fifty megapixel setting, and took some pictures.  Somewhere in the picture  above there is a little dot which is the ambulance helicopter.  Even zooming in to blow that little dot up to the full image, you get a recognizable image of the thing.

It's not perfect: it's not even a good image.  But it is recognizable, and interesting.

I still have to figure out what camera body to get with some adaptors for my telephone lenses.  Then I can really go to town on pictures around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment