Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Traffic report

So, I'm just stepping on to the crosswalk, when I noticed that I can't see the face of the guy who stopped at the stop line.  So I slowly approach, until I can see his face, and confirm that, yes, he is looking to his left, rather than to his right, where I am.  And he's fixated on his view to the left.  So, I figure that I better not get in front of this car.  And, sure enough, standing right beside his right fender, as soon as he sees a clear space in the traffic, he accelerates out onto the roadway, without even glancing to his right.

So, a little while later, at a traffic light, there's another person on foot, who notes, with approval, the reflectors on my clothing.  Since he's got a big safety reflector on his jacket, we are discussing how nobody is going to be able to miss us.  Just as the walk signal turns in our favour, somebody zorches into the crosswalk right in front of us ...

No comments:

Post a Comment