Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Comfort and listening

So, he asks a bit about my situation.  I tell him a bit about my situation.  I don't think anything that I say indicates any particular need for theological education, or distinctives on finer points.  But, regardless, having obtained absolutely minimal information on me, he decides to launch into a hard sell.  He is pointing out the advantages of his particular denomination's theological correctness.

Now, I have already indicated that I have some theological training.  In fact, I've got more than a little theological training.  I didn't just go to The standard Bible school, where you spend one year after high school.  But he's still pushing particular theological points.

I'm not looking for theological debate.  I'm not looking for theological education.  I am looking for a church that cares whether I live or die.  I am looking for a church that is willing to provide some kind of comfort, given the damage and pain that I am suffering from grief and depression.  But he's not interested in that.  He's only interested in pushing his church's theological advantage.

No, I don't think this is my church either.

No comments:

Post a Comment