Monday, December 18, 2023

Depression, working, and energy

One of the symptoms, and effects, of depression is a lack of energy.  This is pretty standard, and probably one of the reasons for the term "depression," since "depression," in medical terms, generally means reduction of a bodily function.  It is one of my indicators that another depression cycle is starting: a realization that I am falling behind on work that is a regular part of "life administration."  But it also means that projects that I would be working on don't get done.

In the past few weeks, I have been starting to get some projects off the ground (*extremely* slowly, but, in depression, you take what you can get), so I thought that was an indication that I was *finally* starting to see some easing in this longest-of-all-depression-cycles that I'm currently in.

Until I realized that the work that I *was* getting done on projects was apparently coming at the cost of *not* getting done even the *minimal* "life admin" that I have been working to maintain ...

No comments:

Post a Comment