Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Sermon slides

It's a bit weird, running the slides for the church service.  Even though I'm running the song slides, I can't really get into singing, because, if I do, I may forget to change them at the right time.

The sermon is really strange.  I'm definitely not going to daydream, because I have to change the slides at the right time.  And I have to pay attention to what the minister is saying, even if I have the typed sermon in front of me, because there's usually a last minute or on the fly modification that he or she makes, and I have to try and figure out when we are back on track and ready for the next slide.  So, on the one hand, I am listening to the sermon more closely than anyone else in the church.

But, on the other hand, I'm focussed on not missing the cue for the next slide.  So I may not be engaging with the ideas of the sermon particularly well ...

No comments:

Post a Comment