Tuesday, May 16, 2023

The heat pump ... springs ... into action?

Week before last, I was still checking the weather report multiple times per day to see if I needed to take an umbrella when out.

Yesterday was the hottest day of the year, so far, and I switched over the heat pump to see if the air con side worked.  (It does.  Quite well.  At least for the living room.)

As soon as the sun was down, the air cooled off, so I re-opened all the windows.  (Interestingly, it's a good five degrees [celsius] cooler on the southeast side of the house, than the northwest.  At least immediately after the sun goes down.  The landscaping still isn't in on the northwest side, so the "baked earth" may hold the heat for a while ...)

So, now I have to check the *overnight* weather report (probably in the afternoon) to plan whether to open all the windows for air flow overnight, or leave the heat pump/air con on all night ...

No comments:

Post a Comment