Thursday, December 30, 2021

Disconnect

 Well, the five to ten centimetres of snow they promised us has dumped fifteen on my area so far, and the parking lot streetlights show no sign that it is slowing down, yet.  I feel rather a disconnect from the world right now: everybody else is freaking out over a) the arctic front and snowpocalypse, b) accelerating cases, testing capacity, and Omicron, and c) the fact that, here in BC, we are "delaying" or "phasing" the restart of school after the Christmas hls.  (The general public, of course, is yelling that "school is cancelled!")  To me these are inconvenient or annoying, in terms of the stuff I have to get done following Gloria's death and the move, but hardly important.

Maybe that has to do with being old and wise, but more likely it's simply my own selfish concerns about my own problems.  My biggest problem is that I don't have Gloria anymore, so everything else is seen through that filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment