Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Overeating and Job

So, I ate too much, yesterday.  That's bad, right?

I didn't eat enough to feel uncomfortable, but I did eat enough, without drinking enough, to feel thirsty, so, because of the diabetes, I've been pushing fluids.  (Mostly water.)  Thing is, when I eat a lot, generally I sleep well.  But, this morning I woke up early.  Which is a bit odd.

I'm reading Job, right now.  I like Job.  Me and Job, we're tight.  The guy suffered.  I mean, I lost my wife: he lost everything *but* his wife, and his wife told him to curse God and die.  I'm pretty sure I lost the better wife.  And all his friends, trying to comfort him, were idiots!  His "church" kept throwing preachy cliches at him, instead of listening to him!  Yup, I understand Job.

I'm sure there's not just *a* sermon in Job, but a whole series.  I've been thinking about that a bit.  And, this morning, for some reason, I've started collecting some of the bits I've already looked at, and, yes, there's an awful lot there.  So, I guess I have a new project.

So, if overeating prompts a sermon series on Job, is it bad?

Maybe *this* is what I'm here for?  Not the Grief Guys?  Not the Jesus Film Festival?  Not the outreach offerings for the churches?  Maybe, if I write up this series, God will *finally* let me die?

No comments:

Post a Comment