Wednesday, September 13, 2023

How ya doin'?

Well, my energy and motivation is slowly but steadily declining, there are increasing gaps and missing pieces in what others would consider normal parts of life, and my depression, now longer than any previous cycle in my life, is slowly deepening.  Everything I am reading on grief and depression, and all the "advice" I'm getting, is simply pointing out what I don't have.  All the prayers are simply pointing out that God is not, currently, providing me comfort and respite.

It's really too bad that September is suicide prevention month.

Today being International Chocolate Day I am self-medicating with chocolate and watching the Firth/Ehle version of "Pride and Prejudice" (which was Gloria's favourite).  That works, momentarily, but it's somewhat contraindicated by the forty pounds of weight gain over the past two drug cycles ...

So, how's by you?

No comments:

Post a Comment