Friday, July 24, 2026

Branded Call Display

As it was turning off, my phone offered me branded call display.

That was all I could read before it shut off.  So, I was wondering why on earth I would want branded call display?  Was this something that would allow Norton to jump in whenever I got a spam telephone call, and announce that if I purchased Norton for my phone it would have diverted the call from Telemarketers-Backwards-R-Us?  Would Ford be allowed present the fact that if I purchased a new vehicle it would make the drive to Esther Singleton's house, at 3:25 Oak View Crescent, a distance of 2.7km, much more comfortable?

So I looked up branded call display, and found that, no, it wasn't my phone that would generate the display, but the idea that, if I was a company, I could purchase the fact that Call Display would no longer display the number that I was calling from (even if it was false), and would instead present the name of a company.  So I guess this is why so many recent spam and scam calls are coming to me from "British Columbia."

No comments:

Post a Comment