Thursday, August 22, 2024

Dream

I had a dream last night.  Which is odd.  I mean, I assume that I dream as much as anybody else, but I almost never remember any of my dreams.

My dreams are usually very weird.  This one was oddly normal.

I had a job in a grocery store.  The Christmas order had come in, and, for some reason, I was told to move it to the kitchen area.  As is often the case in dreams, the architecture was somewhat flexible, so I was wandering the store, trying to find the best way to get the stuff from where it was to the kitchen area.  The staff were OK people, but consumed with their own problems, so not much help.

Like I say.  Pretty normal.

A couple of days ago I read the story of Joseph, and all the dream interpretation that that entails.  The interpretation of this dream is not that hard.  My life is over.  I'm in a new situation.  (I've worked exactly three days, in my entire life, in a grocery store.)  I'm not so much trying to rebuild my life, as build a completely new life, from scratch.  I'm trying to help.  I'm not getting any help in trying to help.  (That's not the fault of Port Alberni or Delta: I'm pretty sure it would be the same even if I was still in North Van.)

I don't recall being upset in the dream, and I'm not particularly upset in my life.  I'm just tired.

And wish I were dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment